Tuesday, June 22, 2010

shit a brick.

okay, so not a very eloquent or ladylike title for a post. And the funny thing is that despite my being brought up, taught not to swear, to be a polite and kind young thing (and i do recall her saying to me after I said "Damn!" circa age 11 in the car once; "I hope you are speaking of a dam that cattle might drink from instead
of something else Miss Merryweather!") by my mother, it was from her I acquired this saying. Naturally, she did not create this little phrase, someone else must of a wee while ago I think. I do not use it often, indeed I use it very seldomly in fact. But I feel it is a sharp and astute phrase that quite often seems to adequately match what I am feeling..

.. and that is the following...

..frustration
..dismay
..mild anger

of course the literal imperative that this phrase instructs is absolutely horrible and unseemly.I do not recommend it to any soul on this earth but surely - it would be an awful experience, that might make one feel those 3 emotions I listed above which is why it is so fitting.

Do not worry, I will make sure my next post is stunningly beautiful and femine and completely void of any and all coarse or unattractive speech.

the pictures in this post were taken by my sweet self on a weekend in Melbourne in October in 2008.
"sheesh, it was that long ago??"  "Shit a brick" (dismay!)


- so this is for you mamma;
"shit a brick"
if you're feeling frustrated,
are in dismay at life's sneaking strife,
or are experiencing mild doses of anger.

I love you so.
so.
much.
muchly.

- kate attack
x




No comments:

Post a Comment