Monday, June 7, 2010

Fix You

So 'Cold Play' are one of those on the back burner bands for me. I used to adore 'Parachutes' - and I still do, but I have not listened to much Cold Play for a few years really... they were rather thrashed in the general expanse and I have mixed feelings as to what I think of them exactly - as a band, as music creators.

But this afternoon I was strolling through my itunes and thought I'd lend them my ears.. I was looking for the song 'Such a Rush' but it appears I do not have whatever album that song is, which is a pity as it is my favourite Cold Play song. (just looked it up - 'Blue Room EP') Anyhow, I have come to the conclusion that some of their lyrics are brilliant. Not necessarily profound or amazingly poetic or complex all the time, but very resounding to me just right at the minute... in regards to how I feel today... and besides, as poetic as I am; a lot of the time simplicity is just the ticket.

-------------------------
fix you...

when you try your best but you don't succeed,
when you get what you want but not what you need.
when you feel so tired but you can't sleep,
stuck in reverse.

and the tears come streaming down your face
when you lose something you can't replace
when you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
I will try
to fix you.

----------------

so they are so simple (and rhyme-y) it is almost cheesy, but not quite as they are just so realistic and relatable.

they described almost exactly how I feel today in some respects.

Referencing someone elses lyrics and saying that they grab you and relate to you always seems like some lame claim to feel connected to someone else's art, but sometimes it happens, and I think it is nice.

I hope that someday I get my act together, get my music heard by more strangers and that it relates to them somehow. like I said; I think it's nice.

I won't try to fix you, but if what I do in some small way?
and if what I create manages to make someone happy - or to 'feel' something?
that would be nice.
don't you think??




-katie joy.
post script -  i know, I am indeed a melodramatic person.
but that's what you get with passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment