Thursday, May 27, 2010

went to sleep with a smile on my face and dancing in my feet

I had the most beautiful 'pre-go-to-sleep' snippet of time last night. I am hesitant to share as this will all make me sound quite a lot like a complete dork. But I have decided to overlook this matter as such an event concluded on my making an important decision...

...I read my book for a wee while - 'The Crossing' by Cormac McCarthy.
Turned out the light.
Put my headphones on.
Selected 'Family Tree' by TV On the Radio.
And danced up a storm,
in the dark,
in bed.
This entailed mostly of arm movements.
a few pointed toes,
and occasional lip-syncs.
I played the track twice,
to maximise dancing-in-the-dark time,
and then,
turned it off,
rolled over and
fell asleep...


...with a smile on my face and dancing in my feet.

I have therefore concluded that there is a supreme lack of dancing in my current lifestyle and this year I shall make efforts to change this. I have decided I am going to take up contemporary dance classes.
Combine fitness and fun, into one.


On another note, I have a trial in a Cafe tomorrow in the city, let us hope I do not have a case of 'the dropsies' for the day and that I win over the manager. Then at least I'll have something to occupy my time until my criminal record checks are complete.





- katie joy (declaring herself as a dancing dork for the rest...  of time)

1 comment:

  1. I was dancing in my room last week.
    Are we related or what!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete