Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Make Me a Yoyo

So, i decided to learn how to make a 'yoyo'
and No folks, I am not referring to those
round wooden or plastic things, with the long string
attached that one boundces up and down and
'walks the cat' with and does silly tricks on it type yoyo,
but instead I am talking of a craft yoyo.
A term which the meaning is probably ownly known of in
sewing and or craft communities.
I however am not a member of a craft community
but would very much like to be...
..maybe I'll start my own craft community
along with a garden club.

yes; I am a nerd.

So I got myself a yoyo maker, and
8 fat quarters (of material)
and have commenced to produce myself some
yoyo's.
I have made 9.
here they are:

I am going to make another 51 or so... enough to cover the front
of a cushion of average size. A friend saw them and commented:
"these look useful" in a saracstic tone. I replied;
"they will be"... when they are on a cushion, of which I can place
under my behind, to protect it from being hurt due to long periods
of contact on a hard surface.




News today,
none really. still trying to find a job.
I have my interview tomorrow
that i mentioned last week
to be a 'Residential Child Care Officer,'
caring for disabled children, helping them
get up and ready for school, helping them home etc.
I shall try not to trip over my tongue
or anything silly like that.

And Someone attempted robbery of the old
church next door. Sometime between Sunday
and today. They were unsuccessful, but
have severely damaged the side door, by
perhaps kicking it repeatedly or something of
the sort.
It does however, happily sport 3 strong locks,
of which were NO match for the fiends pathetic attempts.
Let us hope he left some clues as to his current
whereabouts...
.. I am doubtful.


okay, I shall skip away now.
Feeling chipper.

your friend,
-Katie joy

2 comments:

  1. I still love you! that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheesh, Ben you are the only person to ever comment, and might I say, you are very consistant. love you too x

    ReplyDelete