Saturday, May 22, 2010

Legs, Lilacs and Little Ruins.

Here are those Lilacs that caught your
eye in todays blog title.


They sit next to my bed,
diffusing a pleasant aroma.
not sure I like the word 'diffusing.'
sounds scientific. suggestions for an
alternate word??


Esther and I went on a wee road trip
today. To Finchale Priory.
It is just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne a little
ways drive, not far at all.

We had a stroll about the Little
Ruins, the surrounding
bush, through tree-life, river-side,
wild life, local offspring with
their thick accents bouncing
off and over rapid rocks...

... til we found a suitable
picnic spot.
which we then moved from after a minute
or two of settling into due to a bunch
of ruffians who had decided to
kick a football rather near our
pretty little heads.

Legs and picnic spreads:





It has been such pleasantly lovely
Spring weather lately, and I cannot
believe that I get two summers in a row,
a little spoilt really.

Hmm what else in the life of me...
.. oh yea, I started to read
'Blogging for Dummies'
on the internet today.
I read about 2 paragraphs.
It wasn't teaching me anything
of substantial use.
I may try to read a little further though
as I am desperate to make this sad
little blog of mine a little more
attractive.
that way I won't have to entice
you with words like 'Legs'
or 'Lilacs' in the title!!

Let us hope the sun
keeps getting up with me in
the morning.
He is such a delightful fellow,
I hate it when he is not around.
Well, not hate.


Finally, and of most
crucial importance; I must
share with you my summer
shoe covet:

curteosy of 'New Kid'
shoes. They're a season
out but obviously timeless...
..to me,

-katie joy

2 comments:

  1. I love wondering around ruins. Hope I get the chance to do that lots this summer! Your lilacs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Hannah, you little fox.. i love your pumpkin blouse; delicious!

    ReplyDelete