Friday, August 13, 2010

mid-space, mid-place.

Blog layout change. Still not happy with it though. But all that darn black - as classy as black can be, was so darn depressing at times. Wish I knew how to format in 'html'.

Day off. And with the rain and all, I spent almost the entire day indoors. Mere minutes spent moving from front door to car door, to supermarket door, then all again in reverse.

Big breakfast. Alack I did not capture photographic evidence of it. Pity as the colours where marvellous. I'd of had you all salivating. Green beans pan fried in organic greek olive oil with sea salt, cracked pepper and oregano grilled tomatoes, poached eggs and parmesan on whole-grain toast. And oh my golly gracious, the lady who owns 'Mmm' the new organic shop which has recently opened up in Granger Market now has herself a guaranteed regular customer. I'll certainly be going back to re-fill my rubber sealed glass bottle with more of her lovely olive oils! It was sooo tasty-delicious on my red tom's this morning.


After my short exposure to the wet outdoors (with tissues in pocket as I hastily developed a cold and have been blowing my nose and washing my hands repeatedly ever since midday) and all the necessary ingredients acquired I retreated back into the kitchen. First I made some lemonade scones and then later after a wee kip on the couch; a salmon, mozarella, basil, capsicum, parmesan, oregano pizza from scratch... yes that is right, none of this pre-made pizza base shite. I am 'au natural'... when I want to be. Or when I am feeling like at least if I can create something out of a collection of haphazard ingredients then I can surely do the same out of all of my different, strange, environmentally new surroundings. maybe someday I'll make a life out of living.
There is time yet. In the words of Ingrid Michaelson - "a storm is coming, but I don't mind... all we can do is keep breathing."

Here is a photographic journey of my day of kitchen fiasco's.
    

      







The Tallest Man on Earth spent most of the day with me, on repeat. I don't even know what the fool looks like and I should like to marry him. Or at least have him over for dinner and a sing-song. Whenever I play music super loud on a good stereo I always think of my brother Thomas and how he loves to do the same.. and the day when Sarah and I were chatting (sans musical background) in the lounge and he kindly put on 'Real Gone'  - Tom Waits extra super loud, then trotted back down the stairs to say 'toodle-pip, I am out for the evening.'
How kind of him to decide that we 'needed' some sort of musical accompanyment with our conversation.
thanks mister Tom, I miss your sweet ass.

Tra.


No comments:

Post a Comment