Tuesday, July 20, 2010

J'adore Paris

well, not much more I can say other than Paris stole my innards and has ahold of them good and well now.
I adore everything about that city; the bicycles, the front facing seating of cafes on the street walks of nearly every block, the well dressed manner of parisians, the beautiful trees that seem to line every street, the cobbled stones, the shuttered windows adorned with brightly lit flowers in window boxes, the morning espresso's and pastries, the fact that a french lady told me i had lovely skin tone and was beautiful (that was almost the highlight of my weekend - skin tone??!!), drinking a beer on a corner cafe adjacent to a canal (that had a little green iron bridge that reminded me of scenes of Amelie skimming stones) and on my last day - visiting the 'Opera National de Paris' - the national opera house. Attended a tour, and it was soo unbelievably interesting and wonderous, at one point I almost cried - ridiculous and easily emotionally moved me!!

Here's a bunch of sights that stole my eyes attention and are still rolling through my head like a romantic slideshow of 'une ville tres belle'

view from my hotel room.

 
 le petit-dejeuner

my favourite post boxes ever, YELLOW!





dans Le Musee de Louvre

my future hubbie (just need to master his language!)

'omellete avec fromage et champignons!'

 Une Jardin dans Paris






'Opera National de Paris' - hall of mirrors, inspired by that of the one in Versaille.

And yes, i did see and visit Le Tour D'eiffel, twice, but both times I did not have my camera avec moi,
so no pictures... besides, let us be honest - everyone know's what it looks like.

C'est ca!
Au revoir.


1 comment: