Saturday, April 3, 2010

So Long, Marianne, it's time we began...

And I am off to Liverpool today on a One Pound ticket,
on the 'MegaBus,' otherwise known as the cheap to keep travellers
wayfare as my carrier, and it is Big and Blue.


I found out I am only supposed to have One piece of luggage (allowance 20kg - my bag is 20.4kg),and one carry on... I have that, annnnnnd my guitar.
I figure getting to the station and smiling sweetly all on my lonesome
will help me out, it has so far in 'The Big Smoke,' whaddayaknow! So hopefully the bus driver is a kind wee character!!

Blasts from the past, caught up with my "ca-razy" cousin Brooke
yesterday, she is lovely jubbly, and i adore her.
We ate food. We drank good (kiwi barrista) coffee in grungy Soho.
We went to the National Art Museum in Trafalgur Square and perused
ancient artworks; Picassa, Renoir, Degas, etcetera etcetera...

It rained. people put up umbrellas.
it stopped. people put them back down.
.. it rained again... Hey, it is "Spring" after
all, which means sporadic, ever-changing weather. aweeeee

I enjoy my wee walk to my current lodgings from the Hammersmith Underground station.




and when people in shops say "Hiyyaa" to me in that lovely accent and i
come to buy organic cotton reusable shopping totes from them,
which i later reconstruct to rid them of their 'label bashing' ways
and turn them into something somewhat vague, stupid and relatively non-sensical.
see:



So, lady-janes, lucky-joes, hobbly-hoys.
My short stint in London is nearing to an end,
buuuttt I will be in the country for a wee while
so if i ever really feel like being a tourist (as i don't feel
i really did much touristy stuff due to lack of real interest)
then i can easily oblige myself, with a hop and a skip,
and a short 3 hour train trip down from my soon to be home;
Newcastle, where i will learn the 'Geordie' ways
and drink 'Newky Brown.'

toodles.
-katie j

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm praying for you, thinking of you, missing you, happy for you! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete