Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tribute.

My Nana died while I was flying from England, across Asia and over to New Zealand.
Her funeral is tomorrow and I am singing 'Harbor Lights' by The Platters but an acoustic version accompanied by the humble guitar of which my cousin is graciously going to play for me.
My Grandad used to play and sing it to Nana, and so, I will sing it to her tomorrow, for as far as I know, she liked hearing it quite a bit.

It still feels rather surreal to be honest. As I hadn't seen her for nearly a year. So I have no idea how I might react tomorrow.

'Harbor lights'

I long to hold you near and kiss you just once more
But you were on the ship and I was on the shore

Now I know lonely nights, for all the while my heart is whisp'ring
Some other Harbor Lights will bring you back to me


No comments:

Post a Comment