Tuesday, November 23, 2010

fresh beginnings.

So it has been a little cold over here, in ways more than one but I am not letting the temperature of my toes dictate my mood constantly as that would be a horrid bore!

A wee set of shots from my room with now both (yes both!) floating shelves up on the walls and pictures mounted. I finished off Lucy's present tonight and am right chuffed with it. A new friend of mine is learning journalist shorthand so he translated a poem I wrote, which I then painted as Lucy's present - do you like it??

              

              


I must climb into bed as I plan to get up bright and early to make Lucy some birthday cupcakes. She say's "I don't care much for birthdays" so I have decided to ignore this and am instead making sure at least she has a present and a cake of sorts waiting for her when she wakes up (hopefully before I leave for work so I can see her reaction.)

I have very nearly finished all of my Christmas shopping. Granted I am only supposed to buy something for my sister as we do a 'draw-a-name-out-of-a-hat' gift type thing, so as to not have to buy for 6 other immediate family members every year. But I wanted to take back something for everyone when I head over to New Zealand for a 3 week holiday and dose of family endorphins. So Anna, alas, you may have to watch everyone else open presents.. or of you're reaaally lucky I'll get you something extra. To be honest you're already going to get a super awesome little parcel for Christmas, of which I am slightly loathe to give up, which means it must be super cool as I want to keep it all for myself, but shall instead humbly gift it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment