Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Love Among Social Animals


 - images of Ryo Honda, Japan.

I have decided to take on the age old cliché and wise piece of advice; 'aim high and you'll succeed.' I don't actually know what the common phrase used is but it's something along the lines of that. So, after my winters' holiday Christmas trip to Scotland and my New Years summer holiday trip back to New Zealand I will sink myself back into the 'no superfluous spending routine' and only spend money on the essentials; training tools and things I need to get started on some projects I have waiting eagerly up my sleeve to be put into action.


I have a tonne of things on my 'to do' in life list when I get back to the cold, cold, northern England in the New Year and I plan to be the most proactive and positively ambitious me I can be for the next wee while.
I am young, I am healthy and I am not required to be in any specific place or to do any particular thing (I DO need to pay off my residual student loan which I WILL, promise Mama!) and so shall therefore plunge myself into the deep world of ambitious ventures and see where I end up. Let us just say I should very much like to be largely self-employed, work from a lovely little office from home, wherever 'home' may be and be a creative busy bee and social butterfly all at once at some point in the future. 

All this talk in animal metaphors leads me to think of a new favourite of sounds for me - Sonny and The Sunsets - 'Love among social animals'


Soak it up people. That sh.. stuff is good. no swearing allowed Miss Merryweather. It is uncouth.

The beautiful illustrations in this post are that of the lovely Ryo, who I met just briefly about 5 minutes ago. Born in Japan and raised in the UK, he studied at the University of Northumbria here in Newcastle (I think that is correct!? Ryo?) and was oh so so lovely just for the few minutes I spoke to him. He said it was hard starting out, but he loves it and is now drawing for magazines and books in Tokyo, just visiting the United Kingdom briefly. He made me very excited about the entrepreneurial world and all things arts related. YAY for all the lovely people in this world. Let us not give too much of our time to too many of the rotten ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment